Bet ID

• 3 Replies

GonerGenesis

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Bet ID
« on: June 28, 2019, 11:30:44 am »
Hi,

since the last PD and following DiceBot update the API - Bet ID (shown in the Bot) cant be used anymore to post the bet number on chat or fourm :-(
Do you have any Idea how to fix this?

Cheers

Seuntjie

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Bet ID
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 11:36:44 am »
I do. Since the launch of stake, bets at both sites has had 2 Ids, one is a guid (as you see it in the bot now) and one is a number id (like it used to be) up until the last update, you could get the number id along with the result of the bet. After the last update at stake and PD, you no longer can and you have to do a second request to the API to get the number Id.

Since a lot of people has has issues with rate throttling, and pressure to get the bot released so people can bet using it again, I decided to release the bot as is. Ill update it once I've received clarification from PD about why the APi was changed and limitations in terms of functionality and rate limits.

The next update will likely have the number ids again, but it might significantly hinder the speed that the bot is able to bet at.

GonerGenesis

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 11:41:15 am »
Ok.
Thanks for your effort always.
I'll suppose a Tab on the PD site where you can lookup you're number id from your guid.

Seuntjie

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 03:39:49 pm »
Did a 10 minute test to measure the speed difference 5 minutes with, 5 minutes without.

Without the id check:
5 Minutes - 370 bets - 1.233 bets/s

With the id check:
5 minutes - 260 bets - 0.867 bets/s

So it doesn't exactly halve the betting speed, but it's quite significant. Granted I am far away from the server, but I expect everyone will experience similar slowdowns.