Hello Guest

Performance dicebot simulation

• 1 Replies

vineeee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Performance dicebot simulation
« on: June 26, 2019, 07:24:11 am »
First of all, thank you Seuntjie for great work on dice bot. I am very grateful for your community contribution.

I am quite new to Lua programing, but it is really very simple and i have no problems at all. I have problems with time which needed for simulation, i notice that simulation use only one CPU core. Yes i open 4 instances of program and run 4 different simulations at once. But i am asking if it is possible to use more CPU cores at once for one simulation? Memory nowadays is not a problem, maybe will be great if there will be option to use more memory, now single program which i tested use only up to 25 MB of memory. If simulation will be much faster i am prepare to give the program 4GB or more memory.. I ran some simulations more then week 24/7.

Once again Thank You for great work!!!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:31:39 am by vineeee »

Seuntjie

• +11/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Performance dicebot simulation
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 08:28:50 am »
No. Simulations are a serial operation and cannot be parallelized (you need the result of the nth bet to determine the value for the nth+1 bet) , so throwing more cores at it wouldn't make it any faster. It's also limited by the fact that's it written extremely badly and needs to make constant calls to the UI for value checks.