• 4 Replies

gecko

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Incorrect Balance Error at Safedice
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:22:07 am »
Hi
I am using programmer
I'm betting with a chance of 1%, I'm getting a Balance anomaly when I make a profit that increases the balance above the previous highest balance eg: previous high balance .01006499
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  current balance .01006278
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           bet 8 win .00000788
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                new real balance .01007074 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      bot balance  . 01007862  printed in commands

It seems to report correct balance when winning if it does not exceed the previous highest balance. As part of my code I create a high balance variable and compare that with the balance variable as part of my betting routine. It's taken a while to isolate this as my betting [pattern was as expected until I made a profit then it ran amuck.                       

Seuntjie

• +14/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Incorrect Balance Error at Safedice
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 11:35:17 am »
in which currency are you betting?

gecko

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 11:51:45 am »
in which currency are you betting?

BitCoin

EDIT:  I'm using same bot version 3.3.16 at Yolo with same code no problems.....so it may be at Safedice's end

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:04:58 pm by gecko »

Seuntjie

• +14/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 01:48:16 pm »
None of the numbers you posted makes sense though.

If you have 6278 and you win 788 (The bet shows profit, not return), you have 7066. Even if you take 788 as the return (bet amount+profit), your new balance should be 7058. 2-4 sats is too large difference for it to be rounding on the winning bet. It could be due to rounding over a bunch of bets that's compiled, but I don't know where the rounding error would come from and the bot gets the actual balance from the site every 60 seconds, which would eliminate the rounding error. Did you possibly place a bet in the site while the site was running?

With safedice, dicebot has to manually adjust the balance since it doesn't get the new balance from the site directly after a bet, but it uses the bet profit that it does receive from the site to do so. (balance += (decimal)bet.Profit;)

Can you give me steps to reproduce the problem so I can try to test it?

gecko

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 04:00:23 pm »
 I've emailed you my code hope that helps