Please help me code this idea

• 2 Replies

ppp333

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Please help me code this idea
« on: March 20, 2021, 02:41:38 pm »
Hello, thank you for the program.

I know nothing about lua scriptis, I tryed learning but it is not my field.

The idea I am trying to implement is extremely simple and has worked on binary options, I am trying to implement it on crypto dice.

Basically, if there are more wins then losses overall, you bet less. If there are more losses than wins, you bet more. The logic is that wins and losses tend to be in equilibrium, if you had a lot of losses you will have a lot of wins and vice versa, so you bet accordingly.

I tryed using the "wins" and "losses" variables but it doesnt seem to work and I don't know why.

The code I wrote is the following:

chance = 49.95
function dobet()
    if (wins > losses) then
        nextbet = 0.0000007
    end

if (wins < losses) then
        nextbet = 0.0000009
    end
end

The problem is that the betting never goes above 0.0000007 even when there are more losses than wins and I downt know why. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it and fell free to use this idea yourself.

parisd

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me code this idea
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 07:39:19 am »
i have tested that, when very far away from the equilibrium it should return to the equilibrium, it should work but it does not and I cant explain why.

Seuntjie

• +17/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me code this idea
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 06:34:52 pm »
i have tested that, when very far away from the equilibrium it should return to the equilibrium, it should work but it does not and I cant explain why.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy