Hello Guest

Bitvest not working with latest version of dicebet

• 4 Replies

nightingale

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Bitvest not working with latest version of dicebet
« on: February 23, 2021, 09:55:59 am »
Every time I try to login dice bot says it failed to login. I double checked and the login and password is correct and I can login via browser.

Seuntjie

• +14/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Bitvest not working with latest version of dicebet
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 10:26:47 am »
I just tried and it worked fine for me. Make sure you have the correct site selected from the site menu before trying to log in

Bitvest temporarily blocks logins to an account/from an IP after a certain amount of login attempts (successful or not). wait a few minutes (like 10-30) before trying again. The more you try, the longer it blocks you.

If after a while it is still not working, please send me the dicebotlog.txt file from the bots's root folder to contact@seuntjie.com (or post it here if you want)

nightingale

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 01:49:30 pm »
It does seem to work for me now. I could have sworn I typed my username and pass in correctly but I guess not!

PS: your anti bot verification system keeps saying my answer for "570-570" which is 0 is wrong. All of these verification questions on registered accounts plus the extremely difficult to read captcha are obnoxious and reduce user participation in the forum. Why not remove them or at least use recaptcha?

Seuntjie

• +14/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 01:59:26 pm »
PS: your anti bot verification system keeps saying my answer for "570-570" which is 0 is wrong. All of these verification questions on registered accounts plus the extremely difficult to read captcha are obnoxious and reduce user participation in the forum. Why not remove them or at least use recaptcha?

Do you volunteer to clean up the *literal* hundreds of spam posts every hour in a timely manner if I remove the validation? Because I sure as shit am not up for it. As for recaptcha - the only recaptcha plugins I found for smf opens up sql injection vulnerabilities in the forum and I don't have time to write my own.

Edit: a slightly less aggressive way of saying this is: I know it annoying, I don't like the current situation either but it is necessary and I can't do anything about it at the moment, I have tried. The stringent requirements are removed after a certain amount of posts and I do plan on doing something about it as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:36:58 pm by Seuntjie »

nightingale

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 02:55:47 pm »
"Do you volunteer to clean up the *literal* hundreds of spam posts every hour in a timely manner if I remove the validation?"

Sure I'm willing to do that if you offer it (you are basically asking for a mod), because I literally have to do this for the comment sections of my SEO blogs. I'm serious. Set me up an account with appropriate privileges and I'll do it. Huge forums like bitcointalk don't have this. They rely on recaptcha and in some cases small donations in bitcoin to setup an account (which you may consider too) as well as volunteers who act as mods.

But I find recaptcha to be effective with filtering most stuff out. Have you tried it?

Again it's not letting me pass the "1-1" question. It's my fourth attempt. It rejects me when I enter in 0,  zero, 1-1=0, and null (I haven't tried nill). See what I mean? I'd rather be your forum janitor than answer such questions (again it would be less painful if it would accept my answer of 0). And I would be contributing something to make this community better.

And yes I understand my complaint made you mad (hence your edit), but this is exactly how I feel when my correct answers are being rejected. I can live with the tough captcha (I literally have to use the audio because I usually can't read at least one of the letters), but when correct answers are being rejected then it's broken and harming the community. You need a mod just like any other forum.