Primedice Bot says bet is won, but in real life bet is lost

• 12 Replies

vineeee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Primedice Bot says bet is won, but in real life bet is lost
« on: November 10, 2019, 03:07:59 pm »
Hi,
Thank you gain Seuntjies for your gret work!

This bug i think is already known it's about decimals, but if i play on very high odds it's a game changer.
For example if i do alot of simulation bets i get dome profit (because wrong interpretation) in real life losing ..

Is there a way to set limits by self? Example if chance is 0.04. Then set won if >=99.60 not  >99.95  (because of decimals) .. I can fix this in program (set all conditions won lost by myself), but then i can't use any predefined variables like currentstreak, ...
I can post print screen, but i think is not needed.

Seuntjie

• +13/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Primedice Bot says bet is won, but in real life bet is lost
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 06:52:33 pm »
Please do post a screenshot, I plan to escalate it with the PD devs and I need some proof of it to do so.

vineeee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 11:07:31 am »

Here are two screenshots. Program show "color" to must won, but in real is lost. That is problematic with simulations, because all simulations on high odds are not correct. The program should be written in a way if > 99.89 then won, of course if chance is 0.1 and bethigh = true, for bethigh = false, if if <0.1 (take two decimals), i... Then there will be no mistakes.  The winning number is 99.9 or higher, or 0.09 or lower.
Thank you,
Regards

Seuntjie

• +13/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 11:50:52 am »
The program should be written in a way if > 99.89 then won, of course if chance is 0.1 and bethigh = true, for bethigh = false, if if <0.1 (take two decimals), i... Then there will be no mistakes.  The winning number is 99.9 or higher, or 0.09 or lower.
Thank you,
Regards
Don't you think that if everything was as simple as that, all of the bugs in the program would be fixed already?

You need to understand that the bot uses sites other than primedice, and these other sites use more or fewer decimals and higher or lower edges. I can't hardcode the bot to 2 decimals and 1% edge because then most of the other sites won't work correctly. The code the bot uses to determine whether a bet is a win or a loss is:

if {high and Roll>( [maximum roll]-chance) } OR {low and (Roll < chance)}

It already does what you're suggesting, just more generic.

The problem you're highlighting here is purely a visual thing and does not affect the bots' decisions/logic.

This is a note to myself regarding which lines to change to fix this error:
https://github.com/Seuntjie900/DiceBot/blob/master/DiceBot/cDiceBot.cs#L5118
Code: [Select]
if (
                                        (decimal)_Bet.Roll <= (decimal)CurrentSite.maxRoll - (decimal)(_Bet.Chance) &&
                                        (decimal)_Bet.Roll >= (decimal)(_Bet.Chance))

vineeee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 12:13:12 pm »
Thank you for fast replay. Yes i understand that bot is design for many sites. I know that is just visual "mistake" in real play, but if i run simulate i think is not just visual "mistake". I was doing about billion test numbers in simulation, but when i started with real money, i lost a lot. Then i debugging what is difference between simulation and real play and i see that. If in simulation takes 99.89 as won bet, that is 10% error, and house edge is only 1%, at the end simulation was useless. I am not kind a programming guy, yes i can do simulation with all variables calculate manually (can not use any predefined variable), and all profit etc. But that is extremely slow. I need about month to do 1 billion bet simulations on multi computers, with a lot of CPU power. But if i do all calculations myself (do not use any of predefined variables) then it will take half a year or more.... I rather see that simulation is more strictly (get worse result on simulation) then real betting. It's better to lose many on simulation(because of error ) then tray system on real money and lose than.

But thank you for helping us.   
Best Regards

Seuntjie

• +13/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 12:25:41 pm »
The simulations use the exact same code for logic and decisions as when it's running normally. The decisions that the bot makes is no different in a simulation than it is when it's placing bets. The visual error you see has no effect on simulations because simulated bets are never shown in the bet log.

The simulations also uses the sites provably fair RNG to generate the random numbers for the bets.

vineeee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 12:38:28 pm »
The simulations use the exact same code for logic and decisions as when it's running normally. The decisions that the bot makes is no different in a simulation than it is when it's placing bets. The visual error you see has no effect on simulations because simulated bets are never shown in the bet log.

The simulations also uses the sites provably fair RNG to generate the random numbers for the bets.

Yes totally agree.
But example: chance 0.1
bethigh = true
for example i set go to base bet if won, else increase by 0.1%.
The number 99.89 falls down. The simulation go to basebet (he thins he won) , but in real game is not won and goes on increasing by 0.1%.
You know what that mean in real life...
For test i do the manual set variables (when won, when lost, profit, balance,..) belong with simulation variables(won, lost, etc), and it is not the same it has "error" for my example 99.89 is won at simulation but in true life is lost.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 12:45:48 pm by vineeee »

Seuntjie

• +13/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 01:12:20 pm »
Can you post an example of this happening in a simulation?

vineeee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 01:45:52 pm »
Can you post an example of this happening in a simulation?
Run this for a minute or two...

resetstats()
resetseed()
nextbet = 0.00000001
bethigh = true
enablezz=false
chance = 0.1
zacasna = 0

function dobet()

zacasna =math.floor(lastBet.roll * 100)

if currentprofit > 0 then    --only when simulation think is won
print("last won number")
print(zacasna/100)
if zacasna < 9990 then
print("wrong!! won but lost in real life")
print(zacasna/100)
end
end

end

Seuntjie

• +13/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 03:07:53 pm »
I modified your script a bit to be more readable for me and ran a simulation of 100 000 bets. here's the script and the result:

resetstats()
nextbet  = 0.00000001
bethigh  = true
enablezz = false
chance   = 0.1
zacasna  = 0

function dobet()
    if lastBet.Roll == 99.89 then
        wintext = '';
        if (win) then
            wintext = 'win'
        else
            wintext = 'lose'
        end
        print('Rolled: '..lastBet.Roll..'. Result:'..wintext)
    end
zacasna =math.floor(lastBet.roll * 100)

if currentprofit > 0 or win then    --only when simulation think is won
if zacasna < 9990 then
print("wrong!! won but lost in real life")
print(zacasna/100)
stop()
end
end

end

As you can see, I simulated 11 99.89 rolls which you say is seen as a win, but the bot still sees them as a loss using either the built in logic from the bot or your own using the profits.
Are you using an older version of DiceBot?

vineeee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 03:41:22 pm »
Hello,

i use 3.4.2 version.
I will tray your script.

Seuntjie

• +13/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 03:49:05 pm »
Well there's your problem. Update your bot, I do updates for a reason.

vineeee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 04:24:18 pm »
I did not think updates make bugs fixed also in simulations! (my version is not so old)
Thank you.
Shame on me. I will update  from now one.